jul 29 2014

Amazon via Shipito: Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

The Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay was acquired in Amazon U.S., with the package being redirected to Brazil by Shipito. This is the 12th time I use the great services Shipito, Browse other purchases.

I have one Home Theater Onkyo HT-S5400, acquired in mid- 2011 in Fast Shop. It came with 7 speakers, 1 subwoofer and the receiver 7.1 channels, except the accessories. The problem is that after a 2 years, and already findada warranty, one of the HDMI inputs began to fail and just pifando. At Switch HDMI c/ Controle Remoto LINK-MI LM-SW04 1080p 3D 5 inputs p / 1 output ended up breaking a twig, but the other HDMI ports began to have occasional failures also. Searching in forums, I noticed that several people had the same problem and the only solution seems to be the changing of the HDMI board. This involves an expenditure of more than £ 800,00 with some technical assistance authorized, plus freight. I found the very high value and decided it was time to check for a new receiver, more modern and other brand. And take advantage the speakers and the subwoofer Onkyo HT, that are good.

After researching a bit just by deciding Yamaha, what appears to be a very competent brand in this segment. The RX-V675 It seemed the ideal model. Has 7.2 channels, so that I can use all my speakers, including the two that I installed as front high (que a Yamaha chama de “presence”). Supports HD audio formats like Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, and FLAC / WAV up 192 kHz. Are 5 HDMI ports on the back and the front of another, so that I could dispense or Switch HDMI, at least for now, because I've used the 5 BD Player rear doors, Playstation 4, Playstation 3, WD TV Live e ZBOX; besides having Sky and classic consoles (Mega Drive, the Super Nintendo and the Playstation One – see article on SCART converter -> HDMI) connected the HDMI input of TV and the sound passing to the receiver via ARC (audio return channel).

The configuration of the speakers is done automatically (Intelligent Amp Assign), simply position the microphone that comes with the receiver at the place where the listener will. I just needed to manually set the output to 6 ohms, is the impedance of my boxes (the pattern of outputs RX-V675 it is 8 ohms). This is done in an advanced settings menu, accessible only with a key combination on the same receiver, probably to prevent accidental maladjustment.

The RX-V675 supports 4K resolution. It's not something I need at the moment, for I have no 4K TV, but it is good to know that the receiver is already prepared for the future. It also makes upscale to from analog and digital sources. It has Ethernet port directly to the network and has online radio options. AirPlay has a certain prominence, but I confess that even tested. I do not like iTunes, I have an iPad and an iPod, with the latter is stopped because iTunes does not want to talk to him. I liked more the ability to play songs directly from my NAS via DLNA, this feature I tested and approved. Only let down a bit with support for Spotify, that does not work alone and need a device making streaming to the receiver, in addition to the signature of the Premium service. I am satisfied with the free version on the PC and do not intend to sign the Premium service only to hear directly in receiver, up because I have ZBOX connected directly to the receiver, and can I use Spotify on it.

You can also control the device (even turn it on and turn it off) through an application for mobile devices. Tested it on my Android phone and it worked perfectly. The application is also available for iPhone. It seems like a silly choice for those sitting on the couch with the remote in hand and all the information on the screen, but it is something nice for those who are there listening to music while cruising the house doing some other task (hurdle, for example, as I did last Saturday while testing the RX-V675 hearing directly from my NAS songs) and suddenly want to change the music or change the volume. Instead of going into the room and pick up the remote, possibly wetting / soiling the ground that was already clean, simply remove or smartphone and make adjustments remotely.

In the RX-V675, on the same line Yamaha there are several models with fewer resources, and only one more features, that is Yamaha RX-V775WA 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with AirPlay and WiFi Adapter, but found significant differences. Most of them seem to be the WiFi adapter included, but as I have Gigabit Ethernet cabling in the room, I prefer to connect it by wired network.

The price of Yamaha RX-V675 when I made the purchase was only $ 379,95. Today is US $ 399,95, still much cheaper than in Brazil, where a few sellers that famous auction site are asking more than £ 2.000,00 the same equipment. I could not find it in any store of the most traditional and reliable Brazil, that only sell well below models specifications despite the high price. Sad Brazilian reality with its huge tax burden.

It is true that Comrade price RX-V675 in Amazon also due to the line Release 2014 from receivers da Yamaha. The Yamaha RX-V677 7.2-channel Wi-Fi Network AV Receiver It is the replacement for RX-V675 I got. But at the time the RX-V677 was still launch and cost almost twice the RX-V675. Today the price has fallen, but we still need to consider whether it is worth paying 50% more for features like video and 4K 60fps 18Gbps bandwidth (the RX-V675 goes to 10,2 Gbps, and in any event not have 4K TV), Apple Lossless audio playback (never used), Built-in WiFi (would not use to me), improved interface, and other great attractions without resources. For me still worth it to save and get the previous model. In the famous auction site, the RX-V677 also costs 50% more expensive than the RX-V675 (at the time of my purchase was not even available), coming around R $ 3.000,00, in other words, also more than double than pay someone living in civilization by the same equipment.

I made the purchase Yamaha RX-V675 in Amazon with my address Shipito no depósito do Oregon, to avoid state taxes US. My address in Oregon was already saved in Amazon. Only after the request made is that I realized that Shipito change operation and now the address of Oregon is only available to those who sign the plan Virtual Maibox (US$ 10 monthly or $ 50 annual). But, I do not even have the plan, my package was processed normally and paid only $ 1,00 by post service Shipito, What is the new price of sending packet, far less than the $ 8,50 that were formerly charged.

When the package arrived in Shipito I had a rather unpleasant surprise. As I explained a few times, a Amazon often abuse the size of the box when the post is in the US, because apparently they only pay by the weight. But in time for the international mail size can also make a difference. In the case of USPS also only matter weight to set the value, then never bother with the size of the box. Some ask to exchange box to reduce the risk of taxation, but I think that taxation in large packages by mode USPS Priority is kind of inevitable, then never bothered. But in the case of receiver a caixa que a Amazon used meant that the sum of the sizes exceed the limit that accepts USPS. Then the package could only be followed by services courier, DHL is the cheapest.

He was resigned to ship by DHL, knowing that would pay more expensive on freight, a higher tax on account of GST that the packets coming to the state of São Paulo via USPS does not pay, plus an own DHL clearance rate (somewhere around £ 50,00). But then receive the much faster package. But, in the case of DHL, Unlike USPS, the packet size also makes a difference in the price, Besides weight. So I made the request plowing Shipito repackage the product to reduce the cost of shipping. This can be done in Option Special requests and has cost US $ 5,00. To my surprise, after Shipito reemb are, the package has come to dimensions accepted by USPS. So I ended up choosing the same shipping USPS Priority, which is somewhat cheaper than DHL, although expected to be higher. When the box arrived saw that Shipito He used the same box, just removing the excess (where were probably only the bags full of air), cutting and changing the folds, leaving the smallest possible box. From them ingenious well.

Note that even with the change down the freight is still salty, the most expensive we've paid throughout the existence of this blog, but this is due to the receiver's weight, from 27,90 pounds, equivalente a 12,65 Kg, which is also the heaviest package I have ever received from abroad. International shipping heavy products is expensive even, especially those posted in the US. And probably inflating the cost is part of the path that fits the post office, for comparing the local cost of Posts for Brazilian and USPS for Americans, USPS is much cheaper.

The application was done on days 25/06/2014. It was sent on 28/06 and two days later it was at the headquarters Shipito no Oregon, as shown in the tracking:

Location Date Local Time Activity

PORTLAND, OR 97218
July 1, 2014 , 4:57 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

PORTLAND, OR 97208
July 1, 2014

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

And the tracking information provided by the post office:

25/07/2014 17:24 AC [Removed] Delivery Effected
15/07/2014 09:12 UNIT TRAT INTERNATIONAL RIO RIO – RIO DE JANEIRO / RJ Awarded
04/07/2014 14:44 UNITED STATES Awarded
Received the unit export
04/07/2014 14:44 UNITED STATES Routed
M traveling to TREATMENT UNIT INTERNATIONAL – BRAZIL
01/07/2014 16:57 UNITED STATES Posted

The summary of spending on Shipito:

Mailout fee: $1.00

Description Quantity Item value
Audio Receiver 1 [Removed]
Total Value: [Removed]
Weight: 27.90 lbs
Insured amount: [Removed]
Shipping method: USPS Priority Mail
Mailout fee: $1.00 (Small package (up to 30lbs))
Repacking fee: $0.00
Storage fee: $0.00
Special requests: $6.00
Postage: $138.71
Insurance: $6.75
TOTAL: $152.46

These are the photos that Shipito took me and soon sent the package got there:

Photos of Yamaha RX-V675 do 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay, sent by Shipito

And the pictures I took when the package with Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay I arrived in my hands:

Amazon box with the Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Amazon box with the Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Invoice Amazon with the Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Case Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Case Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Desembalando o Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Desembalando o Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Desembalando o Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Desembalando o Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Rear connections of the Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay

Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay, with attached cables

Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay, operation

Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay, operation

Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay, operation

Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay, operation

And the purchase summary table:

Product Name: Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay
Name Original: Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay
Store: Amazon
Value: US$ 379,95
Current value: US$ 399,95
Payment Method: Credit card / Prepaid Debit Mastercard from Payoneer
Shipping Type:
  • FREE Super Saver Shipping (Amazon)
  • USPS Mail Priority (Shipito)
Shipping Fee:
  • Free (Amazon -> Shipito)
  • US$ 145,46 (Shipito -> Brazil)
Package Home Country: USA
Purchase Data: 25/06/2014 (Amazon)
Submission Date:
  • 28/06/2014 (Amazon -> Shipito)
  • 01/07/2014 (Shipito -> Brazil)
Data Delivery:
  • 30/06/2014 (Amazon -> Shipito)
  • 25/07/2014 (Shipito -> Brazil)
Time in Transit:
  • 2 days (Amazon -> Shipito)
  • 24 days (Shipito -> Brazil)
Declared content: Audio Receiver
Type Marked Content: Gift
Declared Value:
Taxed: Yes
Taxable Value:
Tax Value:

I concluded that it is quite advantageous ask for Shipito decrease the size of the box when the package will be shipped by USPS and is exceeding the maximum dimensions, or when the package will be shipped by courier, which also charges by size as well as weight. When the packet is sent by USPS and is within the size advantage is not asking for repacking, because only the account weight, unless the person has some other reason for wanting a smaller box than the freight.

And I'm ending here with a positive assessment to the Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay and another positive review for Amazon and the Shipito. Do not forget to share the article with your friends if you like. Good fun and good shopping. :)

Permanent link to this article: http://www.skooterblog.com/2014/07/29/amazon-via-shipito-yamaha-rx-v675-7-2-channel-network-av-receiver-airplay/

7 comments

7 indications

Jump to the comment form

Romildo

Good afternoon, the package was taxed as?

1. 1.1

Good afternoon Romildo,
      R$ 268,84.

Raphael

You said the original value friend ?
    They encrencam if you declare unless the product ?

I have a lot of shopping on ebay ..
    Now I am also willing to experience the shipto with this receiver.

1. 2.1

Li já stories that claim is Shipito do declare less than or invoice value is na. But Amazon does not put the value on invoice to mark the item as gift.
      Another important point is that insurance only covers what was declared, and in case of loss Shipito will ask the invoice and will see the discrepancy.

Ivan

Belo post. ;the)

Jorge

Congratulations for Blog, very good.
    The freight charge is added to the value of goods to reach the taxable amount?
    In this case where the freight charge added, $138.71?
    And what it is that Insurance fee charged?

1. 4.1

Thank you.
      Yes, the freight enters the account of the taxable amount, but declare the freight is optional.
      “Insurance” It is safe.

DealExtreme (DX): Swivel Universal Mobile / GPS Car & Support / Clip Camera Playstation Eye Playstation 3 (PS3) - Skooter Blog

[…] Amazon via Shipito: Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay […]

Atari 2600 - Skooter Blog

[…] able to get a good image using a S-Video to HDMI Converter, because neither my nor my TV receiver has S-Video input. It is a type of connection that is already […]

Installing Video Old - Skooter Blog

[…] paper. In a way this approach has an advantage, I can take advantage of the larger screen TV and home theater, to a sound that emulates 5.1 for old consoles, items that would be expensive to replicate. Yes, eu […]

SCART RGB cable for Mega Drive 1 / Sega Genesis 1 / Mega Drive 2 by Tec Toy with Stereo Audio (Pack-a-Punched!) - Skooter Blog

[…] and have real hardware in my hands, I definitely prefer the improved picture and stereo sound with a 7.1 simulated by my receiver than the audio and video via a RF cable connected to the TV with worn tube and speaker […]

DealExtreme (DX): Component Video Converter (YPbPr), S-Video, Composed Video (CVBS) and Stereo Audio to HDMI - Skooter Blog

[…] connect my Atari VCS / 2600 American modified S-Video output. Neither my TV or my receiver have S-Video input, since they are endangered and some appear in new equipment. […]

Atari 2600 US VCS with S-Video, Composite Video, Stereo Audio and Pause - Skooter Blog

[…] todo o material, I made the connections and left ready to play. Not my current TVs or my receiver have S-Video input, which apparently is in the process of extinction, so I had to connect […]

JBL speakers JBL ES30 and ES10 - Skooter Blog

[…] the conk out of time, then the third started to fail. It was at this time (2014) I ended up getting the Receiver Yamaha RX-V675. My room was with Yamaha RX-V675 and the speakers of the […]