Continuing the articles on the Master Club, Today I show the tips of the Tec Toy for the game Rocky from the Master System. The Rocky has had an article devoted to him here in Skooter Blog, so I recommend reading the same before continuing.
Rocky was released by Sega in 1987, two years after the release of the fourth film in the series (Rocky IV from 1985) and three years before the fifth (Rocky V, from 1990). It was released in Brazil by Tec Toy and his Cape can be seen below, as extracted from the Tec Toy Wiki:
The leaflet with the tips of the Rocky the Tec Toy sent me follows the traditional format: is a single sheet of solid form with dot matrix printing, containing the game, the tips and the controls. Here's the scanned brochure:
And here's the transcript:
PLOT : After months of hard training and sacrificing everything for this moment long awaited, Rochy finally will play in the world tîtulo against several of the greatest fighters in the history of the box.
In this game, You can fight represents the brave Rocky or any of its famous opponents, in a great battle for the title and for the glory.
You need to play aggressively and must never falter because it could mean a fatal blow and the end of the fight. But, If, Unlike, keep the concentration, the knockout will be his and the title too!
APOLLO – Hit him anywhere and make over 85 at practice
LANG – Hit him in the stomach and make 07 in the second training session
DRAGON – He just loses strength after the fifth round and over 85 at practice
BUTTON D : Guide the footwork of his fighter.
Determines the hit the be executed.
BOTÀO 1 : Keep the face and abdómem.
Does the Dodge, bending the knees of the wrestler.
BOTÀO 2 :(Depending on the distance between the fighters exe-
TEC TOY Promotions
To complete, Let the little video of my return to Rocky, after more than 20 years without playing. As of costume, the video was made with real hardware (No Emulation). This is a video of the game from beginning to end.
- Elgato - Game Capture HD60 - For capturing video in digital format and Full HD 60fps.
- Sega Genesis -the American model Mega Drive, console that has the original processor Master System, allowing to play the Master without emulation games.
- Mega Everdrive - The cartridge "magic" that reads my games from a simple SD card and works just like the original cartridges.
- Framemeister XRGB Mini - doing the upscale to the image Master System para 1080p Full HD.
- SCART RGB cable for Mega Drive 1 / Sega Genesis 1 / Mega Drive 2 by Tec Toy with Stereo Audio (Pack-a-Punched!) - Leading to RGB, best image possible to extract a Mega Drive / Master System com hardware original, for the Frame Master.
- Controller 6 Buttons ASCII 'Rhino' for Mega Drive -because without the turbo gets tricky finishing Rocky But next go with Joystick do Master System e Rapid Fire to get even more nostalgic.