The Roteador ASUS RT-AC68U Dual Band Gigabit Router 802.11ac Wireless-AC1900 (*Retail* Asus RT-AC68U 3 Antenna USB3.0 Dual Band Wireless AC1900 Gigabit Router), I acquired in eBay from the seller item2buy_com from the store Computer-Accessories-and-Hardware, is the best market router currently, Word PC World. It is the successor to ASUS RT-AC66U, which I have already spoken here in Skooter Blog. For wireless devices (WiFi) it supports the new recently approved IEEE 802.11ac, providing theoretical speeds up 1300 Mbps in the 5 GHz up theoretical 600 Mbps in the 2,4 GHz. For wired devices, he has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports. All previous protocols are also naturally supported.
Regarding RT-ač66 he brings some additional as the processor dual core, speed of up to 600Mbps IEEE 802.11n standard, USB slides 3.0 and USB 2.0. Furthermore, although similar visual, the RT-AC68U trouxe todas as portas (WAN, LAN, etc.) to the rear bottom, leaving only the antennas at the top. The foot also became fixed, now it can only be placed in foot, What is the ideal positioning. The dual core processor is designed to eliminate performance drops that can happen when multiple tasks are being performed simultaneously, how to access the Internet at high speed, transfer large amounts of data on the wired network and wireless, access files on the hard drives attached to the router, etc. Adding the dual core processor with USB port 3.0 You can use the full potential of this router to act also as NAS, simply connect an external hard drive.
- The Wi-Fi router world's fastest, data rates of the two bands combined 1900 Mbps, for performance 3 times faster than 802.11n routers.
- Broadcom TurboQAM Technology ™ that increases the rate of wireless-N data rate data for 600 Getting Mbps performance 33% faster.
- Five Gigabit Ethernet ports for network connections with fast and stable wireless.
- Two USB ports with USB 3.0 for data transfer speed 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
- Dual-core processor for performance and fast response with Wi-Fi devices, Ethernet e USB.
- Serviços ASUS AiCloud para sincronizar, share and streaming your data wherever you are, even connected to other compatible routers, creating a private cloud server with your family and friends.
Of course, this bug has not been released in Brazil. I believe that ASUS does not see good market for home routers in Brazil, as in the case of RT-AC68U. Unfortunately most people are content with any TP-LINK low cost, and sometimes suffer without knowing it is the fault of the router. Furthermore, the huge Brazilian tax burden would the price of a router such prohibitively high. Even in the free market it is currently being sold for between £ 1200,00 and R $ 1300,00, that is good than I paid for RT-AC68U on the eBay.
I need to upgrade RT-ač66 for the RT-AC68U? Not really. The RT-ač66 estava me atendendo muito bem. Rare were the times I had to restart it. Moreover, after that ASUS managed to hit the firmware only remember one time he gave some strange bug in DNS server and had to restart. Other than that he has been working 24/7 no problem. Os novos recursos do RT-AC68U são interessantes, even spent a USB external hard drive 3.0 that was being underutilized in my NAS from Iomega, which has only USB ports 2.0 for ele. Mas o real motivo do upgrade is that the router in my parents' house was already somewhat problematic. It is a Netgear WNDR3700 que também comprei no eBay há alguns anos. Installed OpenWrt and he had a survival, but it was already asking for a new. So I made the upgrade for the RT-AC68U em minha casa e levei o RT-ač66 para a casa dos meus pais.
The RT-AC66 é bastante completo, with all the features I need, as:
- Network map on the home screen, showing the connected devices and their IPs, IP real da Internet, etc.
- To 6 SSIDs for guests (3 at each frequency), beyond 2 SSIDs standard, with the option to isolate the devices, not allowing to access the rest of the network. This option is interesting because it allows you to create SSIDs for use only of visitors. So when a friend comes and asks WiFi password you need not go SSID and password with access to your entire network, you can spend the SSID giving access only to the Internet, which is probably what interests your visitors.
- QoS, with option to prioritize traffic by destination port, MAC address or source IP, protocol, amount of data transferred, etc. You can customize rules, priority levels, etc.
- Parental Controls, to manage at what times each may or may not access the network.
- FTP server to share files over the Internet.
- DLNA Media Server, ITunes Server.
- Samba server.
- Access Control with multiple accounts, read / written for each individual folder.
- Print Server.
- Possibility to connect a modem 3G / 4G USB to be triggered if the primary connection fails or load balancing.
- Download Master, download software with HTTP support, FTP, Magnet, ed2k, Torrent e NZB, so that it is possible to leave it downloading files, freeing the computer this task, so that the computer can even be turned off while the lower router files.
- Servidor Time Machine.
- AiCloud, your own personal cloud with applications for iPhone and Android. You can stream your music and videos to their mobile devices both through the local network and the Internet.
- Wireless supporting WPS, WEP, WPA, WPA2, WDS, etc.
- DHCP server with ability to assign IP addresses according to the MAC address.
- Routing Rules.
- Jumbo Frame Support, IPTV, etc.
- Trigger ports, allowing redirect doors temporarily according to port destinations that were triggered (Game, to use identd server on IRC, etc.)
- Virtual Server / Port Forwarding, to redirect ports or block specific ports for certain devices, may even have local and remote ports different. Something very useful, especially for those who use multiple computers or have doors locked by the provider, but competitors from Asus, como a Netgear, find it did not appeal to the home user and do not implement.
- Client DDNS.
- NAT Passthrough para PPTP, L2TP, IPSec, RTSP, H.323, SIP, etc.
- IPv6 support
- Server and client VPN
- Firewall, filter URLs and keywords and advanced filters for IP and source and destination ports and protocols.
- Access via Telnet and HTTP and HTTPS interface.
- Automatic time setting with NTP client.
- Syslog separately for: general, wireless, DHCP, IPv6, routing table, port forwarding and active connections.
- Ping Tools, Netstat e Wake-on-LAN.
In the announcement informs the seller that the power supply plug is the UK standard and offers a free adapter for the country of the buyer. I did not need the adapter, pois iria usar o Line Filter with 5 universal outlets and switches Individual and Universal Plug Adapter w / U.S. standard, but as it was free I asked anyway. It turned out that the seller sent a universal adapter for standard Chinese / Australian / Argentinean (Type I). Será que confundiu Brasil com Argentina? 😛 Mas no final das contas nem precisa de adaptador para usar o RT-AC68U no Brasil, because the unit comes with interchangeable plugs and 3 different kinds of plugs on the packaging: Type A (North American), Type I (Chinese / Australian / Argentinean) and Type C, serving both taken in most European countries, as well as in decision of the new Brazilian standard.
The sealed package come, all written in English, but it seems to be aimed at various countries. Inside is source, the three types of interchangeable plugs, manual in several languages (including English and some who could not even identify), Installation CD (that not used), cabo Ethernet e as 3 antennas, which are removable.
On the back of the RT-AC68U há um LED, that can be turned on and off with a small switch also on the back. It illuminates an ASUS logo. It is beautiful, but do not know why on the back where, at least on my bookshelf, no one will see. Os fios na parte de baixo deixam um visual bem mais limpo do que o do RT-ač66. I did the installation with ease, pois a disposição dos menus e funções é a mesma do RT-ač66. The interface should please advanced users with network knowledge, but wizards are also available for the laity.
In short, estou gostando bastante do Router ASUS RT-AC68U e estou bastante satisfeito com ele. See some photos:
See the trace information, and note that the parcel arrival to Brazil was not shown, aparecendo diretamente o “Out for delivery”:
|15/01/2014 18:03||CSD (Removed)||Delivery Effected|
|15/01/2014 09:14||(Removed)||Out for delivery to the recipient|
|17/12/2013 15:42||HONG KONG||Routed|
|M traveling to TREATMENT UNIT INTERNATIONAL – BRAZIL|
|12/12/2013 16:30||HONG KONG||Posted|
Summary table of purchase:
|Product Name:||ASUS RT-AC68U Dual Band Gigabit Router 802.11ac Wireless-AC1900|
|Name Original:||*Retail* Asus RT-AC68U 3 Antenna USB3.0 Dual Band Wireless AC1900 Gigabit Router|
|Store:||eBay | Seller: item2buy_com | Store: Computer-Accessories-and-Hardware|
|Current value:||US$ 276,80|
|Payment Method:||PayPal w / Credit Card Visa International|
|Shipping Type:||Standard Int’l Shipping (with tracking)|
|Package Home Country:||Hong Kong / China|
|Time in Transit:||34 days|
|Declared content:||Router for PC|
|Type Marked Content:||Gift|
|Declared Value:||US$ 50,00|
And here I close the article on Roteador ASUS RT-AC68U Dual Band Gigabit Router 802.11ac Wireless-AC1900 (*Retail* Asus RT-AC68U 3 Antenna USB3.0 Dual Band Wireless AC1900 Gigabit Router), acquired on eBay, with a positive assessment for both the product and the retailer item2buy_com, from the store Computer-Accessories-and-Hardware. If you also want to shop in eBay, Direct from Hong Kong and other countries, click the article links and good shopping. And all I ask is that you indidicate the article (or the blog) for at least a friend. It take time to enjoy the Skooter Blog on Facebook and always stay on top of updates.