Already read the first part? Yes? So you can now read the second.
Now I have an Atari 2600! 🙂
I mentioned to my father who was looking for a, he must have said to one of my cousins and behold, he had an Atari 2600 guarded. Won in a raffle for some years, played a little and kept. He said he'd end up throwing away and I could stay with him.
The island itself was in very good condition, I did not find a single scratch on housing. The interior also appears to be intact. The RF cable had an amendment near the plug and the plug also all wrapped with tape & tape, but working.
This is a model of Polyvox of those who still had external source. The source was all wrapped in tape and the plug pins loose, I could not make it work. Opening discovered that the design Polyvox (or the actual Atari?) for this source was not the best. The pins are stuck only in the plastic and the transformer is somewhat heavy. It's a lot of weight to just two pins stuck directly on the plastic withstand and so the plastic ends up giving. I borrowed my dad's a source of those with tension adjustment key and multiple plugs, she worked at Atari 2600. I will use it to get a new source that I acquired for this purpose. The old source maybe I restore to collection purposes only.
The controls were functioning, but with both failing to either direação. The towers were well worn, but did not reach break once. Strangely the control tower that opened was already one of more reinforced towers. Did not even know they existed at that time, because the original was much more feeble. The inner plate also had some scotch tape stuck. It seems that the first owner was a fan of home repairs with bandages & tape. There were also oil between the tower and the plastic cover, I do not know exactly why it was placed.
Three cartridges were with the console: River Raid, Defender e Pac Man. The first did not work when tested.
Well, I decided to make a clean sweep. I dismounted and plunged all the plastic parts in soapy water and See (disinfectant, not the magazine that your friends hate communes). I left there for a couple of days, escovando possibly, then went over and rubbed See all pure in some parts. Also cleaned the cables with See and the internal card with isopropyl alcohol. Also cleaned all console and cartridges contacts with isopropyl alcohol.
In the RF cable I soldered a plug gold plated metal, spring, directly at the point where there was an amendment. Lost somewhat originality, clear, but now I hope it lasts a lifetime, unlike the original plastic plug which did not resisting the time, drying out and cracking. Also cleaned the key antenna switching and am using it temporarily, with a tape adapter 300 After ohms 75 ohms, until it reaches an RCA adapter to coaxial I asked.
Also open one of the controls, cleaned all outside, plastic and rubber, removing all oil and other waste. Put a new tower and a new PCB of a repair kit I've had. It was perfect. I will buy here samba a kit more of these in the future to restore the second joystick, that still has the factory seal of Polyvox and I'm even sorry for opening.
Por fim, I set up everything again and this Atari 2600 it is now in perfect condition. The River Raid cartridge also returned to work. This improved with the repair in RF and should further improve when I can stop using the key antenna switching, that I will keep only for collection purposes.
I Atari connection 2600 on a CRT TV that I still have and finally played again. I think it's the first time in more than 20 years an Atari game 2600 real (No Emulation).
Check out some photos: