EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini

As previously reported, I have recently acquired a XRGB Mini Framemeister. The XRGB Mini Framemeister, which I will talk soon here in Skooter Blog. It is considered the best upscaler for old consoles, so I'm using it in conjunction with my Sega Genesis (Mega Drive), my Super Nintendo, my Playstation One and my Atari 2600.

But, from factory the XRGB Mini Framemeister comes only with an RGB input in a mini DIN format 8 pins. Along with it comes a JP21 standard adapter to plug this mini DIN. The JP21 is a Japanese standard that uses the same plug the SCART does, but the pinout is different and incompatible with the European SCART which is the most common type, and I have been using for some time. Therefore, to continue using SCART cables You must purchase an EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini. Fortunately, such an adapter is available in Retro Gaming Cable, online store from the seller retro_gaming_cables from the eBay, from whom I have bought the Mega Drive III RGB cable, directly from England and from whom I also bought the SCART RGB cable for Mega Drive 1 / Sega Genesis 1 / Mega Drive 2 by Tec Toy with Stereo Audio (Pack-a-Punched!). So I have done the acquisition of EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini along with the XRGB Mini Framemeister, and the adapter eventually arrived earlier.

I bought the simple version, that only makes the conversion, exactly like the model that comes with the XRGB Mini Framemeister, But the SCART version instead of JP21. For those who may prefer, there is also a version with LM1881N sync stripper chip, which separates the synchronizing signal from the composite video signal and sends only the synchronization signal to the XRGB Mini Framemeister. This can be useful for consoles that XRGB Mini Framemeister can not recognize the synchronization signal. But it can cause problems by using the voltage present on pin 8 from the SCART cable to power the chip. If the voltage gets too low, the XRGB Mini Framemeister can not identify the signal of the SCART, because the pin 8 is the status pin and must provide 5V to 12V to indicate that a signal is being transmitted. Theoretically, it should be 12V for signals with aspect 4:3, but the consoles typically lay only 5V, a signal that indicates 16:9. But XRGB Mini Framemeister and the majority of upscalers ignores the voltage on pin 8 to define the aspect. In general the tension that the consoles offer is high enough to power the chip and more, but if there are more active equipment on the way, such as an automatic SCART switch, there may be problems.

A Retro Gaming Cable also has an SCART adapter for JP21 for those who may prefer. This allows you to continue using the adapter that is bundled with XRGB Mini Framemeister, in other words, you will have two adapters on the line. I see no reason to buy it, after all the less adapters you have, less likely the signal will be degraded, even if it is an adapter without any active circuit.

Without advancing into the analysis of XRGB Mini Framemeister (which will be in another article), coming soon, I can say that the EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini worked perfectly well and fulfilled its role, working with the 3 consoles that have tested it: Sega Genesis (Mega Drive), Super Nintendo, Playstation One. Recalling that the Atari 2600 is connected in the stereo audio inputs and the S-Video input from the Mini XRGB Framemeister.

Check out some photos from the EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini:

Package with EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini

Package with EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini

Package with EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini

Package with EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini

EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini, on its packaging

EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini, on its packaging

EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini, on its packaging

EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini, on its packaging

EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini, on its packaging

EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini, on its packaging

And the tracking information package:

25/11/2014 17:36 CSD [Removed] Delivery Effected
25/11/2014 10:04 [Removed] Out for delivery to the recipient
24/11/2014 13:22 CTE CAMPINAS – VALINHOS / SP Routed
Referred to CDD [Removed]
21/11/2014 15:18 CTCI PARANA – CURITIBA/PR Routed
21/11/2014 15:16 TREATMENT UNIT INTERNATIONAL – BRAZIL Awarded
21/11/2014 09:29 INTERNATIONAL TRAT Unidade PARANA – CURITIBA/PR Routed
In transit to Customs Enforcement – Customs Enforcement / BR
21/11/2014 09:28 INTERNATIONAL TRAT Unidade PARANA – CURITIBA/PR Awarded

And the purchase summary table:

Product Name: EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini
Declared content: Scart Adapter
Type Marked Content: Gift
Declared Value: £ 6
Taxed: Not
Taxable Value:
Tax Value:

And I'm ending here with a positive recommendation to the EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini and also for the Retro Gaming Cables belonging to the seller retro_gaming_cables from the eBay.

Permanent link to this article: https://euroscart-www.skooterblog.com/2014/12/19/conversor-to-the-framemeister-xrgb-mini/

7 Comment threads
9 Thread replies
1 Followers

Comment with more reactions
Hottest comment thread
5 Authors of comments
rodrigoFramemeister XRGB Mini - Skooter BlogeBay: Switch SCART RGB de metal com 3 entradas e 1 saída - Skooter BlogDavi KnightSkooter Authors of recent comments
more new older top rated
Notify about
gustavo
Visitor
gustavo

This is good po prasytation ?

Marcelo Moraes
Visitor

Good night,

Have you had problems with scart cable and the mega snes of Retro Gaming in Framemeister?

The other consoles usually work.

The.

Marcelo

David Knight
Visitor

I searched for this cable and it was the most extraordinary thing I've found in life! How much you paid for it (already, you have to buy from abroad) and that site you bought?
It comes with the manual in Japanese?
Sorry so many questions, but I am very interested in it and want to get it but I'm afraid of not knowing untouched.
I need to buy a scart cable for each console? (have a Mega Drive) It works with the AV cable (yellow and white) or componente?
Thank you and merry christmas!

David Knight
Visitor

I look forward to you talk about your framemeister. What is the need to buy the cable euroscart? I did not understand where it connects since I thought the only scart cable required is the console. You will need a Scart to HDMI converter due to the plug that is not found in TVs?

Trackback

[…] EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini […]

Trackback

[…] EuroSCART Converter for Framemeister XRGB Mini […]

rodrigo
Visitor

Hello!
Master, I'm with a doubt and maybe you can help me.
I have bothered you enough that sema ... RS
I'm in negotiations on purchase of a framemeister used, but the seller only has the model JP-21.
Can I buy the adapter the adapter euroscart and use this device or the framemeister has different models that can only be used with their specific adapters?

×