With the success of the Alex Kidd in Miracle World and the need for a mascot to compete with Mario, Sega began the Alex Kidd in other games. And unlike Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars and Alex Kidd: High Tech World, that are well mediocre games, the Alex Kidd in Shinobi World It really is a good game.
Alex Kidd in Shinobi World was released by Sega in 1990. It was done as a parody of Shinobi, Sega's title of great success in Master System and also in the Mega Drive and in Arcades. Although developed in Japan, ended up being released only in Europe and the Americas. In Brazil he was released by Tec Toy and his Cape can be seen below, as extracted from the Tec Toy Wiki:
Originally the Alex Kidd in Shinobi World If you call Shinobi Kid and I wouldn't have the Alex Kidd as main character, but only a child any. Screenshots a prototype reached appear in games magazine 1990, before the release of the game. Sega must have made the change for the final release to take advantage of and enhance the popularity of your mascot Alex Kidd. Something similar happened with the Alex Kidd: High Tech World, but the latter was released in Japan with the name Anmitsu Hime, based on a manga series of the same name.
Alex Kidd in Shinobi World has great sound and graphics for a console 8 bits. Excellent soundtrack, naturally inspired by the soundtrack Shinobi. Gameplay above average. Fun factor also guaranteed.
The Alex Kidd in Shinobi World It was available in stores I frequented since I won my Master System II, so I rented the cartridge a few times, and this was the reason I have asked for the tips to the Tec Toy.
The leaflet with the tips of the Alex Kidd in Shinobi World the Tec Toy sent me follows the traditional format: are two sheets of solid form with dot matrix printing, containing the game, the controls, Tips to go through each of the bosses and secret passages. Here's the scanned brochure:
And here's the transcript:
Alex Kidd in Shinobi World
Plot – An evil Black Ninja kidnapped the girlfriend of Alex Kidd and made her hostage to get with this rule the world of miracles. So, came under the responsibility of Alex save your girlfriend and get too, back, peace to the world of miracles.
Controlling the game :
Directional Button – Press to be able to continue in the game over screen.
– Press to move Alex to different directions directions.
Pressing up, Alex climbs stairs, range poles or jump ropes.
– Pressing down, Alex crouches.
Button 1 – To attack
– To descend stairs or down bars
– To start the game
– To abandon the fireball form and return the original form.
Button 2 – To jump
– To start the game
– To bandonar the form of a fireball and assumes its original shape.
D button down + button 1 – Balance the sword, crouched
– Throw darts, crouched.
D button up 4 + button 2 – Jump and grab a horizontal bar.
To defeat the Kabuto squat and shoot shurikens nonstop.
To defeat the Heli get in the right corner of the screen and use the power (P), destroy helicopters.
Note : In round 3 on task 2 in the caves the first landing jump right and then jump towards the wall on the left you'll find a secret passage avoiding many dangers.
Robster – Guando Robster is in the air of four taking a sword, avoid staying in your line of fire.
Note : In the fourth phase of this game, inside the cave you'll find a hole with a pipe, fall down in this hole and squat walking to the right, You'll find a secret passage that will give you two more boxes of treasure.
Hanzo : Kill as the masked ninja Shinobi cartridge.
And to top, I did a little video demonstrating the Alex Kidd in Shinobi World:
The equipment used for this were captures:
- Elgato - Game Capture HD60 - For capturing video in digital format and Full HD 60fps.
- Sega Genesis -the American model Mega Drive, console that has the original processor Master System, allowing to play the Master without emulation games.
- Mega Everdrive - The cartridge "magic" that reads my games from a simple SD card and works just like the original cartridges. Used it in the video Sonic The Hedgehog original.
- Framemeister XRGB Mini - doing the upscale to the image Mega Drive para 1080p Full HD.
- SCART RGB cable for Mega Drive 1 / Sega Genesis 1 / Mega Drive 2 by Tec Toy with Stereo Audio (Pack-a-Punched!) - Leading to RGB, best image possible to extract a Mega Drive / Master System com hardware original, for the Framemeister.