A long time ago I had already purchased two speedometers of China, much simpler models. Check out previous articles:
- Speedometer Sunding, from 27/05/2008
- Speedometer, Bicycle Computer with Wireless Display 1,4 inches, from 02/03/2010
Are 9 anos desde a compra do primeiro e 7 anos desde a compra do segundo. Ambos ainda funcionam, mas enjoei de ficar trocando baterias e reposicionando o ímã no raio da bicicleta para que funcionasse corretamente.
Decidi que era hora de partir para algum velocímetro mais avançado, e gostei muito da ideia de um velocímetro que controla a velocidade por GPS, dispensando o sensor na roda.
Cheguei a ver modelos bem interessantes, que integram controle de cadência, sensor de batimentos cardíacos, and everything. Mas não faria muito sentido comprar um velocímetro mais caro que a bicicleta. 🙂 Então optei pelo Speedometer / Cycling computer iGPSPORT iGS20E, que tem uma boa relação entre custo e benefício.
É o modelo mais simples que conta com GPS. Note que eu já levo o celular no bolso com Strava or Runkeeper ligados, So what I needed was just a display to have continuous information, without having to take the phone out of your Pocket.
The Speedometer / Cycling computer iGPSPORT iGS20E has internal battery, Rechargeable via USB cable. With the USB cable you can also access the internal memory of the device, where files with the extension. fit contain all data stored during a walk/race, as route, speed, etc. that can be imported into the Strava.
The packaging also received a support. I didn't know he was coming along, so at the time of purchase I ended up buying another separated that arrived a few days later. Anyway, He didn't fit on my bike. The handlebars would need to be well thicker so it would fit.
Fortunately the Speedometer / Cycling computer iGPSPORT iGS20E already comes with other two brackets. The two are the same, each is composed of a plastic piece, another of rubber and two rubber rings to lock it on the handlebars. The speedometer can be easily placed and removed this support.
I like the idea of having two brackets. It's good for those who have two bikes and will use the same speedometer in the two. And for those who have just a, I like, is a recently. After all, the rubbers will eventually dry out and break.
The instruction manual is simple, but it explains well the functioning of the equipment. The right button turns on/off the equipment, and also initiates and pause recording. The left button toggles between the 3 pages with information.
On the screen there is an icon that tells you the battery charge, another that tells you when the satellite signal is being received, and another that tells you when the activity is being recorded.
The time of acquisition of the satellite signal is 30 seconds 2 minutes after a cold start, e 5 a 45 seconds after a hot start. Note that the signal will only be acquired outdoor, Although in my tests it worked eventually by the window.
By using GPS, the only configuration that needs to be made in the Speedometer / Cycling computer iGPSPORT iGS20E is the time zone. Date and time are purchased directly from the satellite. You don't have to indicate wheel diameter as speedometers that use sensors in the wheel.
The light of backlight is smart, getting off during the day and lit at night. The autonomy of the iGPSPORT iGS20E é 20 a 25 hours, Depending on the backlight be turned on or off.
The battery iGPSPORT iGS20E came completely discharged, so I had to charge it completely before you can test the appliance.
In operation, the iGPSPORT iGS20E will be presenting one of the three pages of information. You can switch between pages, but you cannot choose what appears on each page. The battery icons, write and appear on every page.
On the first page we have the current speed, the current time, the distance travelled in the activity and altitude.
On the second page we have the average speed of the activity, the time of the activity, the odometer and degree of inclination.
On the third page appears the maximum speed of the activity, the current date, the temperature and an estimate of calorie consumption.
With the extra support which was part, the iGPSPORT iGS20 I'd be a little ahead of the handlebars. I think it would still be possible to install it with a rubber band or something like that.
But I didn't have any rubber band by hand on occasion, so I ended up installing the bracket that came with the iGPSPORT iGS20.
Check out this video of unboxing and testing of the iGPSPORT iGS20E:
I was quite pleased with the iGPSPORT iGS20E, It meets my need to see some information about the ride without having to pull the phone out of your Pocket. For those who take the cycling more seriously there is certainly more complete options (and guys). But for those who just wants to entertain and do a little exercise it's good size. There should be nothing better for the price that I paid for it.
CABE report that here in Brazil this speedometer is sold under the name Iron Atrium. Atrium is a trademark of Smokergrillsblackfriday, known for importing and selling Chinese products under their own brands. Some are of good quality, others of dubious quality. The Atrio Iron should be a good one. But buying the iGPSPORT iGS20E direct from China have the same product for less than half price.
The package came out of China with a tracking code on standard LP + 14 digits, that is not traceable through the post office. But it is possible to trace it on the site Cainiao, where are the traditional code that the packet receives after going through the mail from Malaysia. The new code is in the format RQ + 9 digits + MY, and can be traced in the site of the station.
On site AliExpress You can also obtain full trace information:
- 2017.03.21 17:40 (GMT-7): Delivered
- 2017.03.21 10:26 (GMT-7): Department for delivery to addressee
- 2017.03.21 10:24 (GMT-7): Undeliverable
- 2017.03.21 10:22 (GMT-7): Department for delivery to addressee
- 2017.01.16 09:27 (GMT-7): 【 CURITIBA / PR 】 Object forwarded,Integrated logistics unit in CURITIBA / PR for administrative unit in RFB – Released without Taxation / BR
- 2017.01.15 17:27 (GMT-7): Forwarded,from integrated logistics unit in CURITIBA / PR to administrative unit in RFB – Released without Taxation / BR
- 2017.01.15 17:27 (GMT-7): Forwarded,from Treatment Unit in CURITIBA / PR to administrative unit in RFB – Released without Taxation / BR
- 2016.12.29 14:43 (GMT-7): 【 CURITIBA / PR 】 Received by the Brazil Post,Object subject to inspection and delay on delivery
- 2016.12.29 14:43 (GMT-7): 【 CURITIBA / PR】Objeto recebido pelos Correios do Brasil
- 2016.12.29 14:43 (GMT-7): Arrive at destination country
- 2016.12.28 22:43 (GMT-7): Received by the Brazil Post,Object subject to inspection and delay on delivery
- 2016.11.24 14:56 (GMT-7): Departed from transferring country
- 2016.11.23 15:55 (GMT-7): Arrived at transferring country
- 2016.11.23 15:52 (GMT-7): 【 MALAYSIA 】 Object forwarded,from country to MALAYSIA / para País em BRASIL / BR
- 2016.11.23 10:32 (GMT-7): 【 MALAYSIA 】 Posted
- 2016.11.22 16:10 (GMT-7): Airline inspection succeeded in HK
- 2016.11.21 09:09 (GMT-7): Leave the processing center and shipped
- 2016.11.20 03:38 (GMT-7): Item sorting by shipper in shenzhen
- 2016.11.19 21:29 (GMT-7): Item received by shipper in shenzhen
- 2016.11.19 02:11 (GMT-7): Successful departure from warehouse
- 2016.11.18 19:48 (GMT-7): Warehouse processing complete
- 2016.11.18 19:48 (GMT-7): Successful package pick-up
And this is the information that can be obtained on the website of the station with the code of Malaysia:
|Delivered to the addressee object|
|Object out for delivery to the recipient|
|Output for delivery cancelled|
New output will be made for delivery
|Object out for delivery to the recipient|
CURITIBA / PR
Integrated logistics unit in CURITIBA / PR for administrative unit in RFB – Released without Taxation / BR
|Object received by the post Office of Brazil|
And the purchase summary table:
|Product Name:||Speedometer / Cycling computer iGPSPORT iGS20E|
|Name Original:||IGPSPORT Wireless Stopwatch Bicycle Accessories Wireless Computer IPX6 Rainproof Cycling Digital Speedometer Bicycle Computer|
|Store:||AliExpress | Store: Cycleling Store|
|Current value:||US$ 42,30|
|Payment Method:||Credit Card Visa International|
|Shipping Type:||Aliexpress Standard Shipping|
|Package Home Country:||China|
|Time in Transit:||123 days|
|Declared content:||free sample|
|Type Marked Content:||Other|
|Declared Value:||$ 13,00|
And I'm ending here the article on Speedometer / Cycling computer iGPSPORT iGS20E, with a positive evaluation to the product and to the store Cycleling Store. Share this article with your friends if you liked ;). If you also want to shop in AliExpress, directly from Hong Kong, click here and good shopping.