In this article I talk about the repair I made in EasyCooler Cellar 8 Model bottles 4092640045, with the FX-101 PCB120515K1 plate SH14387 12.05.06.
Eu I told you this Winery here in Skooter Blog at 2014, When she was acquired. It worked fine for a few 3 years, until we started having some problems: eventually she started to beep the speaker, the display blinks and no more stiff.
The problem was intermittent, came to work for almost a year without problems, until one day I turned it to be empty. When religuei the problem came back with strength and she was longer without working than working.
Opening and watching the card I noticed two capacitors 120 µF 250 In, the largest of the plate. Around them there was something shiny on the Board, as if liquid had drained and stuck, As can be seen in photos. I figured the capacitors could have leaked. So I left to replace them. As I couldn't find them in my city had to buy online, as already reported in the previous article.
The exchange of the two capacitors to 120 µF 250V didn't solve the problem. But looking for information on the Internet I found many reports of people who have solved similar problems by replacing electrolytic capacitors. A large part of these accounts are in the Zébio tips and no All About Circuits Forum.
Noted then the values of all electrolytic capacitors on the Board. They are:
- 2 from 120 µF 250 In (already replaced)
- 1 from 2200 µF 16 In
- 4 from 47 µF 25 In
- 4 from 1 µF 50 In
- 4 from 4,7 µF 50 In
- 2 from 22 µF 25 In
I left then to an electronics store and bought replacements for all the capacitors that had not yet changed. I couldn't find the of 22 µF, 4,7 µF and 1 exact voltage µF, then replaces it with higher voltages:
- 22 µF 63 In
- 4,7 µF 63 In
- 1 µF 100 In
Before you begin the substitutions I tried calling the card without the Peltier connected, and I noticed that in this case it worked normally. The problem seemed to be in making the departure of Peltier. I was hoping it was something we really capacitors and then started doing the replacements.
I started with the C10 (2200 µF), output line. At first I was testing the card again after each Exchange. And also measured each capacitor removed with the multimeter to try to find a clearly defective. This of 2200 µF, for example, I was with only about 1500 µF, While the new delivered the correct capacitance.
I did a test, but it was still all the same. I left then to the capacitor CA1, from 47 µF. He also presented a capacitance unusual: 27,45 µF, While the new was 44,6 µF (within the tolerance of 5%).
With this Exchange I already got a breakthrough that made me glad to continue: the whistles and the indicator flashes in the display stopped. But the Peltier still didn't care.
Thereafter I stopped testing the card to every change and decided I would test only if I could find any capacitor with measures outside of the expected, He was giving a certain job placing and removing the plaque in the cellar, connecting and disconnecting all cables, etc.
And then I changed all other capacitors, in that order:
- C206 – 47 µF
- CB – 1 µF
- C201 – 47 µF
- The – 4,7 µF
- C202 – 1 µF
- Ca2 – 22 µF
- C4 – 1 µF
- C5 – 22 µF
- C8 – 47 µF
- C9 – 4,7 µF
- C7 – 1 µF
- C14 – 4,7 µF
- C13 – 4,7 µF
None of the capacitors removed showed capacitance nonstandard. Because of this I was changing, trading… until I replaced all the electrolytic capacitors. Note that I have not tested the ESR of capacitors for lack of equipment, então o fato de a capacitância estar ok não implica que os capacitores removidos estavam bons.
Era hora de colocar a placa no lugar e testar. Conectei todos os cabos, liguei na tomada e… worked! 😀
Deixei a adega funcionando por mais um dia para ter certeza que estava tudo bem. Depois fiz uma boa limpeza nos coolers e dissipadores com o soprador de ar. Também tirei a placa novamente para passar um varnish e proteger as novas soldas.
São quase dois meses desde o reparo da Adega EasyCooler 8 bottles and so far everything is okay with her. My chocolates are always in ideal temperature for consumption. 😀
I took advantage of the savings made by not having to buy a new wine cellar or pay for repair and got a BSIDE ESR02 Pro, equipment used to test capacitors, transistors and other components, What should facilitate future repairs, Since it calculates not only the capcitância, but also the ESR Capacitors. But I will do the review him in a future article.
This week the winery malfunctioned again. whistling, display fraco, and high temperature. I went to the nearest electronics store and bought a pair of each of the 15 smaller electrolytic capacitors. The largest two have not here. The 30 capacitors cost R $ 9,00. changed the 15 and the winery started functioning normally. I found nothing very wrong in 15 capacitors removed, but it seems that another crossed the 10% variation. If anyone has interest, I kept the 15 capacitors removed and can test them calmly.
The recap former should not have lasted only 1 year and a half, so I suspect you may have some other component in trouble forcing capacitors, or some design flaw. The hypothesis of design flaw is great, for I remember having read about it somewhere else. Present problems will again try to investigate further.