[Warranty – RMA] Mega Everdrive X 7 Deluxe – Stone Age Gamer

Last year shown here in one Skooter Blog review do Mega Everdrive X7 Deluxe, I gained na Stone Age Gamer.

More than a year after the acquisition I began to notice some glitches, mainly around sprites, like those that appear in my gameplay recording Tanglewood:

At first I thought it might be a problem with my Sega Genesis, after the pet already has a 28 years since it was manufactured.

I kept seeing these glitches possibly in other games, but I was resigned, waiting for the problem to worsen to do something. My guess is that it would be a memory problem on the console, which could complicate the repair enough.

But, to my surprise, the problem just coming back when I was playing The Revenge of Shinobi on the Analogue Mega Sg:

I thought to myself: if these glitches occur in both my Sega Genesis original and in my Analogue Mega Sg, the only common thread here is the Mega Everdrive X 7 Deluxe. The problem has to be in it.

then the same ROM loaded The Revenge of Shinobi directly in the Analogue Mega Sg, using jailbreak firmware. And in this case the problem simply did not occur.

I did a series of tests in carrying the game Analogue Mega Sg, on the Mega Everdrive X 7 Deluxe and no Sega Genesis. All appear in the video above. And in all cases the problem only occurred when the game was born in Mega Everdrive X 7 Deluxe.

I tried cleaning the contacts Mega Everdrive X 7 Deluxe with isopropyl alcohol swab and, but to no avail.

I asked for help in forum do Krikzz and suggested testing with the ROM Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic The Hedgehog 3. In this case the glitches They are even more frequent and appear faster. The tests again pointed to the Mega Everdrive X 7 Deluxe:

The results were:

1. Mega Everdrive X7 on the Analogue Mega Sg: glitches
  2. Analogue Mega Sg com firmware jailbreak: that glitches
  3. Mega Everdrive X7 no Sega Genesis original: glitches

After that the Krikzz himself appeared on the topic and confirmed that there was indeed something wrong with the cartridge, probably a memory chip, and that I should send it to exchange.

I contacted then with Stone Age Gamer, He suggested that two more tests to ensure: another memory card and other original console.

I did so in test my Mega Drive III Tec Toy, and the glitches it also demonstrated. In this video I filmed the same screen, for I have not installed capture card in CRT TV:

Fortunately the Mega Everdrive X 7 Deluxe It is guaranteed for 3 years, and mine had only one and a half. Therefore, It was covered by the warranty. I had a little trouble with the RMA system, pea Stone Age Gamer He changed the system and with it the old order numbers are no longer valid. I needed to contact to pass me the new number of my old request. But after that filled the data and quickly Stone Age Gamer authorized RMA.

Unfortunately, the rules of guarantee, I would have to afford the shipping freight of Mega Everdrive X 7 Deluxe faulty and return the repaired product or a new. And Stone Age Gamer It is in the US, more precisely in Salem, Ohio State not.

In the RMA request you can select which will be sent. I chose to send only the cartridge plate, for there is no need to send the whole cartridge and all the Deluxe version of accessories. Then I disassembled the cartridge, I took a couple of photos of the plate, I packed and sent by the cheapest mode, Take International, which cost me $ 122,00.

The tracking of this type works well in Brazil, but it is null after the package goes to the US. In the USPS site the code is not even found. And the Post Office site tracking the end was so:

18/04/2019
13:47
SAO PAULO / SP
Object forwarded
Distribution Unit in SAO PAULO / SP to country in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA /
18/04/2019
03:33
SAO PAULO / SP
Object forwarded
de Unidade de Logística Integrada em SAO PAULO / SP for Administrative Unit Customs Enforcement / BR
17/04/2019
22:18
INDAIATUBA / SP
Object forwarded
Treatment Unit in INDAIATUBA / SP para Unidade de Logística Integrada em SAO PAULO / SP
17/04/2019
13:59
REMOVED / SP
Object forwarded
of the Post Office in REMOVED / SP for Treatment Unit in INDAIATUBA / SP
17/04/2019
09:44
Object posted

Eu só soube que a placa do Mega Everdrive X7 com defeito havia chegado na Stone Age Gamer quando eles notificaram o envio do pacote com a placa substituta. Felizmente eles não me cobraram esse envio, apesar de as regras da garantia permitirem. Então meu prejuízo total foi apenas dos R$ 122,00 do envio mesmo. Thank you Stone Age Gamer. 🙂

Estas são as informações de rastreamento do pacote com a nova placa do Mega Everdrive X7 According to the USPS:

May 14, 2019, 2:08 pm
Delivered
BRAZIL
Your item was delivered in BRAZIL at 2:08 pm on May 14, 2019.
May 9, 2019, 10:21 am
April 30, 2019, 4:01 pm
USPS picked up item
SALEM, OH 44460
April 30, 2019, 9:55 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
SALEM, OH 44460

Estas são as informações de rastreamento do pacote com a nova placa do Mega Everdrive X7 According to the post office:

14/05/2019
14:07
Delivered to the addressee object
14/05/2019
10:21
Object out for delivery to the recipient
13/05/2019
12:44
Object received by the post Office of Brazil
02/05/2019
08:02
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA /
Object forwarded
from country to UNITED STATES of AMERICA / countries in International treatment unit / BR
30/04/2019
16:01
Object posted

The package came in the category First Class, and spent tax-free and without postal order rate. When tracing showed submission to CDD other city I've been blaming Post logo, after all it is not the first time they send one my package to the wrong town and I have to wait two more days to correct the error. But this time the package appeared the next day in my city despite the alleged wrong routing, I do not know how. And with the package in hand realized that the error was the Stone Age Gamer, who invented a digit more for the ZIP code.

Here are the photos unboxing the new card and the first tests:

Also check out the video of the unboxing, Plate mounting the cartridge Mega Everdrive X7 and first tests:

Let the new board Mega Everdrive X7 not working Analogue Mega Sg for more than 24 consecutive hours to make sure he was all right with it. Even made a live the entire procedure, but unfortunately does not archive Youtube lives more than 12 hours. In this video I show as part of this procedure was recorded and did not notice a single glitch:

Thus the problem was solved, then I can conclude that the guarantee of Stone Age Gamer works. I find it difficult that Krikzz cartridges present defect, ever had 6 them and this is the first time that a problem occurred. But it's good to know we have a good warranty with which we can tell.

It was worth having purchased version Deluxe in Stone Age Gamer and to rely on the 3 year warranty, even if it cost me the price of shipping (R$ 122,00) and a month without Mega Everdrive X 7 Deluxe.

In fact I was so relieved to know that all is well with my good old Sega Genesis original that not care much about the cost, for surely spend more than $ 122,00 to repair the console. It is like jailbreak from the Analogue Mega Sg, the Mega Everdrive X7 only has the advantage of the Save states and automatic detection mappers the Master System ROMs and SG-1000, then stay a month in the X 7 He has not done so lacking so. But as my time to play is scarce, Save states are warmly welcomed, for I can stop at any time and continue at another time. So, fiquei feliz em tê-lo de volta.

Share this article with your friends if you liked 😉. Skooter Blog needs your help to continue to exist.

Permanent link to this article: https://www.skooterblog.com/2019/05/27/garantia-rma-mega-everdrive-x7-deluxe-stone-age-gamer/