Kenseiden for the Master System was released by Sega in 1988. It is an action game platform, with some elements of adventure and RPG. A unique classic console, He did not come out for any other platform. A cartridge 2 Cloud, very good use, with beautiful graphics and soundtrack.
Kenseiden It was released by Tec Toy in Brazil 1991. It was also available at the video store I frequented, and I rented it some times. Its Brazilian cover can be seen below, as extracted from the Tec Toy Wiki:
The game's story appears in the rear box, as follows:
This game is set in Japan, Century XVI. Satanic witches have taken over their country. They stole the King's Sword Dragon and the five
Secret manuscripts belonging to his family! It's up to you, a fearless samurai, recover objects that were stolen, overcoming all wizards that await in the Castle of Black Magic!
It is more than a matter of honor. The fate of a nation depends on its success!
This is one of the games Master System that have sound FM, for Japanese consoles that have the Yamaha YM2413 chip to run it. The Western version also came out with the FM audio, despite the chip not be present in our islands.
And now my main contribution to the community: the flyer that Tec Toy sent me with the tips of Kenseiden there in years 90, time of late Master Club.
The booklet follows the traditional format, with three continuous form sheets, with matrix printing. It contains the game's plot, controls and tips. And in this game are many tips, including selection phase, hidden items, how to pass the wizards, rewards, and how to get Continues.
Check out the brochure Tec Toy with the tips of Kenseiden Digitized:
To complete, made two videozinhos demonstrating Kenseiden. The first was done with the original hardware, using PowerBase Mini FM for the FM sound.
In the second video used the Analogue Mega Sg, and I showed both the FM sound as PSG. I also showed the Japanese version of Kenseiden, where we note that the original samurai had blond hair. In the American version, which was also released in Europe and Brazil, They passed a black Wellaton no samurai. Probably they found that Americans estranhariam a blond Japanese.
The equipment used for these catches were:
- Elgato - Game Capture HD60 - For capturing video in digital format and Full HD 60fps.
- Sega Genesis -the American model Mega Drive, console that has the original processor Master System, allowing to play the Master without emulation games.
- Master Everdrive - The cartridge "magic" that reads my games from a simple SD card and works just like the original cartridges.
- Framemeister XRGB Mini - doing the upscale to the image Mega Drive para 1080p Full HD.
- SCART RGB cable for Mega Drive 1 / Sega Genesis 1 / Mega Drive 2 by Tec Toy with Stereo Audio (Pack-a-Punched!) - Leading to RGB, best image possible to extract a Mega Drive / Master System com hardware original, for the Framemeister.
- PowerBase Mini FM - Master System cartridge adapter for the Mega Drive, with FM sound.
- Analogue Mega Sg - Mega Drive in FPGA, with HDMI 1080 p (Full HD), that also runs Master System games, the Game Gear, the SG-1000 and the ColecoVision.