Now it's official. After a long period of no updates, the SD2SNES received a new version of firmware official, that incorporates support for Save states and runs games of Game Boy in the Super Nintendo, like a Super Game Boy.
Other repairs and improvements were also implemented.. Check out changelog full (English):
- [All] USB (usb2snes) support by RedGuy
- [All] save state support (via USB/savestate2snes) by RedGuy
- [All] stand-alone save state features by FURiOUS
- [All] some compatibility improvements and optimizations for stand-alone save states by ikari_01
- Add support for YAML list items for multiple savestate_fixes entries per game
- Add support for simple bitwise operations on savestate_fixes patches
- Add support for verbatim code execution on savestate_fixes patches – notably fixes Star Ocean (decompressed) Save states (however the save state hook still needs CPU time optimization to prevent music glitches in Star Ocean.)
- Add IRQ support on top of NMI for the save state hook – this enables save states on Out Of This World and possibly other games that only use IRQ. Also fixes controller input capture on a number of games so the game-specific input hacks could be eliminated.
- Moved save state code outside of the USB hook area to make room for USB hook execution.
- [All] SGB support by Redacted173.
- [All] favorite games list by freelancer42
- [All] Fixed data caching bug in MSU1 data extension which could cause wrong data to be streamed
- [All] Savestates: do not try to capture data that is already in cartridge space anyway (e.g. SRAM). Fixes text distortion in Near’s Bahamut Lagoon translation when loading a state.
- [All] Fixed YAML config parser to support comment signs after list start items
- [All] Fixed SNES open-bus contamination (fixes sprite flickering in Near’s Bahamut Lagoon translation, certain speed runs that rely on open bus behaviour)
- [All] (hopefully) fixed rapid data line toggling sometimes resulting in address line glitches, causing random crashes in extreme cases, and occasional garbled graphics on SMRPG among others
- [All] Fixed data integrity problems when loading BSX games
The firmware 1.11.0 beta 1 for the SD2SNES, SD2SNES Pro and FXPAK Pro can be downloaded from the official website.